STEIFF VINTAGE TOYS : VINTAGE TOYS
STEIFF VINTAGE TOYS : CAT TOYS UK : BEST TOYS FOR A 2 YEAR OLD BOY
Steiff Vintage Toys
- Denoting something of high quality, esp. something from the past or characteristic of the best period of a person's work
- Vintage, in wine-making, is the process of picking grapes and creating the finished product. A vintage wine is one made from grapes that were all, or primarily, grown and harvested in a single specified year.
- a season's yield of wine from a vineyard
- Of, relating to, or denoting wine of high quality
- the oldness of wines
- Steiff may refer to: * Margarete Steiff * Richard Steiff
- An object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something
- An object, esp. a gadget or machine, regarded as providing amusement for an adult
- A person treated by another as a source of pleasure or amusement rather than with due seriousness
- (toy) dally: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"
- (toy) plaything: an artifact designed to be played with
- (toy) a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier); "a toy stove"
Steiff - Russian exclusive 2008 - Alfonzo 4
In 1908 George Mikhailovich, Grand Duke of Russia purchased a bright red 33cm Steiff bear. He gave the colourful little bear to his daughter, Princess Xenia. She called him Alfonzo. Her nanny, Miss Ball, made him a bright cotton Cossack tunic and trousers.
The Princess and Alfonzo were inseparable, their early life was spent at Horax House, a palace in the Crimea. They travelled to London in 1914 to spend the summer at Buckingham Palace - Princess Xenia's mother was a cousin of George V. Whilst there World War I started so the Princess and Alfonzo remained at Marlborough House, in London. When the revolution then began it was evident they needed to remain in London even longer so they moved to their own house in Chester Square. On 17 March 1917 Tsar Nicholas II was forced to abdicate, he and his family were shot at Yekaterinburg in July 1918. Xenia's father survived but was assassinated in St Petersburg in 1919.
Alfonzo, as the only momento of her father, remained a treasured possession for the rest of Princess Xenia's life: in 1921 the Princess went to America, where she married William Leeds and lived in Oyster Bay. When Princess Xenia died, in 1965, Alfonzo went to her daughter, Nancy. In 1989 Alfonzo returned to London, where he was a huge attraction at a Christies auction. With such provenance, interest was high and the then world record of ?12,100 was achieved.
This is the 2008 replica of that bear made exclusively for the Russian market by Steiff based on the original which is now housed at Teddy Bears of Witney in England. Mine is number 65 of a limited edition of 1,000. The medallion is a portrait of Princess Xenia
Wife with Steiff Jocko :: Week 17/52 - P52'11
My wife was looking to have a photo taken with her first Steiff to compare it to a photo with the same Steiff Jocko Monkey she was holding when she was 9 years old
new vestroia bakugan toys
hot toys hellboy 2
the godfather hot toys
scooby doo toys and games
handmade infant toys
hot toys sniper
most popular girls toys 2011
Post a comment